2020-21 Player Registration - UPDATE
This week the OWHA provided updated information to Associations about the status of hockey in Ontario. The OWHA are busy working with Hockey Canada and all levels of Government to determine the safest most responsible way for hockey to be up and running again across the country.
The recommendation from OWHA is that associations open registration for the coming season but to not collect any fees until Hockey Canada provides the go ahead.
Registration will be as indicated below with no fees being collected at this time. References to registration deadlines will be influenced by information we receive from the OWHA and Hockey Canada.
OPEN for players RETURNING to GGHA from the 2019-20 Season!!!
Registration for those NEW to GGHA opens on June 15th.
This year we have moved to TeamSnap for our website and registration database, as in past seasons all registrations must be completed online.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL REQUIRE AN ELECTRONIC COPY OF YOUR DAUGHTER'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE (IMAGE OF A DOCUMENT TO PROVE DATE OF BIRTH) TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION.
To review the GGHA Registration Policy, please refer to the GGHA Policy Manual.
Our mailing address is:
Goulbourn Girls Hockey Association
c/o 11 Spindle Way
- E-Transfers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheque – payable to: Goulbourn Girls Hockey Association
- Credit card
Arrangements for payments can be made by emailing email@example.com.
If paying by cheque:
- Registration fees can be paid in up to five instalments with all fees being due by a deadline set by OWHA
- Cheques must be mailed to the address provided below within one week of registering. If not, your registration may automatically be removed from the system if that division becomes wait listed.
- After August 15th, full payment must be made at time of registration unless arrangements have been made with the Registrar in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If paying by e-transfer:
- Fees can be divided in up to five equal instalments (assuming you haven't any fees outstanding from previous seasons).
- Once registration opens fully alternate payment arrangements can be made with the Registrar (email@example.com).
If paying by credit card:
- Charges in full will be applied on the day your application is submitted.
QUESTIONS? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New 2020-21 Season
With the change this season from GoalLine to Team Snap ALL PLAYERS both those returning and those new to GGHA must upload an image of a document proving their date of birth during the registration process.
- Players who were registered with GGHA for the 2019-2020 season will be guaranteed a space in their division for the upcoming season providing they register before midnight June 15, 2020.
- Returning players who DO NOT register by midnight on June 15 may lose their assurance of placement for the upcoming season.
- Players who were not registered with the GGHA in the 2019-20 season are considered new players and will be accepted into the GGHA to the extent we have spaces available for that age group.
- Registration for players new to GGHA opens on June 15, 2020.
- We emphasize that your greatest assurance of a spot is to register as early as possible.
- Players transferring from another Association must first request a Release (an online process to be completed by the Registrar) from their former Association if previously registered with another OWHA team. The release must be completed before the first ice time.
Multi-player discounts will be offered for families with more than two children registered in the GGHA.
- Email email@example.com listing the players' names and levels.
- A discount of 50% off the regular fee for the 3rd and additional players will be issued once all registration fees have been received.
- Please wait to make payment until you receive the discount code.
If you would like to volunteer for a coaching position with GGHA, but do not have a child registered with the association, you can apply using the Coach Application and sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any player wishing to leave the association and receive a refund must submit a request in writing to the Registrar (email@example.com).
The refund will be based on the following chart, subject to the date when the request is received, in writing, by the Registrar.
|On or before August 31||Entire value of the player registration fee minus $100 administration fee.|
|October to October 31||50% of the player registration fee|
|November 1 – November 30||25% of the player registration fee|
|December 1 and beyond||No Refund|
|Try Out Fee||No Refund|
Refunds will be issued only after all outstanding team fees and/or GGHA charges and returned and all GGHA equipment and jerseys are returned to the Association.
Refunds will be processed by the treasurer beginning October 1.
Teams & Registration Fees
Hockey Canada Age Categories for 2020/2021
|Category||Formerly||Years of Birth|
|U7||Fundamentals||2014 / 2015 (2016 girls can register with approval from OWHA but will be required to complete three years of Fundamentals)|
|U9||Novice||2012 / 2013|
|U11||Atom||2010 / 2011|
|U13||Peewee||2008 / 2009|
|U15||Bantam||2006 / 2007|
|U18||Midget||2003 / 2004 / 2005|
Early bird fees will end at midnight on July 31.
*At midget house the registration fee has been reduced as less practice ice times will be offered than for other house team once the season is underway. Should teams wish more ice this can be accommodated through team fees.
**At midget the additional $150 registration fee will be added once your daughter makes the competitive team.
Number of teams planned for 2020-21 season
|Level||# Teams||Max # Players||Competitive Level|
*The number and level of teams planned is subject to change, based on registration numbers.
Important: If registration is not paid in full and satisfactory terms have not been arranged with the Registrar and Treasurer by November 1, 2020, the player will not be permitted on the ice until the situation is rectified.
A $50 fee will apply for all NSF cheques received. Cheques must be replaced within 7 days of notification by cash, certified cheque, or money order.
Q: My daughter really wants to play hockey however, we unable to cover the cost of the registration fees. Can you help?
A: Yes, the GGHA can help. Payment plans are available, splitting the registration cost into smaller increments over a longer period. In addition, each year, the GGHA can offer reduced registration fees to a few qualifying families through the Thorneycroft Foundation. For more information, to donate, or to apply for consideration, please contact the GGHA vice-president (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Q. I would like my daughter who will be playing on a house team to play on the same team as a friend, for car-pooling or because she's new. Is that possible?
A. We will do our best to meet friend requests for players on house teams but we make NO guarantees. GGHA wants all girls to enjoy themselves, and part of that is doing what we can to create balanced teams. The process to determine the equal balancing of players on teams will include rating of players and a controlled scrimmage. Where we believe that meeting friend requests may put teams at an unfair advantage or unfair disadvantage those friend requests may not be met. We must treat the enjoyment of the entire league as higher priority. For friend requests to be considered, both players must choose each other as a friend and must choose only one friend. This information will be collected in August of each year.
Q. Why spring registration?
A. Spring registration offers the association the ability to give early confirmation to returning players and new registrants on the wait list. This also facilitates organization of numbers of teams and early identification and potential action on issues, for examples, goalie shortages. It also eases the heavy administrative load prior to summer vacation and the busy pre-season activities in July through September.
If your question has not been answered, please email the GGHA Registrar.